Bray 2002



The brasserie by THE Heston Blumenthal. My friend had rented a smart, which took us safely to our destination on an era before GPS. Luckily Ville had printed out directions, 3 pages with every turn & speedbump through the London city, then via Windsor to the small beautiful village of Bray. We sneaked a peek in Fat Duck, and then enjoyed a supper by the river, in an otherwise empty restaurant. It's hard to be a trendsetter.. I believe food was good, but the real treat which took me by surprise was my dessert, Apple crumble pie with vanilla sauce. When I got the first piece in my mouth, I was shocked, the pie started exploding and fizzing on my tongue! I guess they had added some of that powder, that you had with lollipop as a kid. Funny, and something to remember.
On the way back, just in Fat Ducks backyard, there were some beautiful sheep enjoying their saturday evening. I thought we could still fit one of them in our smart and bring it with us to London, to make some late night kebabs for us.. Well we didn't dare.