London 1998



So here I worked for 3 months or so.. It was a nice experience, and quite a difference in the volumes compared to Planet in Helsinki. The most memorable things have to be; Somebody's farewell party, drinks 2 for 1, I still didn't really know anybody, with whom I could drink together, so I ended up drinking always two drinks instead of one. Boy was I hammered in the taxi back home! The evening when the two beautiful brazilians introduced themselves to me, The evening I got 150£ tips from an arab princess, the first time I visited Subway-sandwich store with my canadian colleague, and my last day, when we got a bomb threat call, and we had to evacuate the restaurant. They actually evacuated a total o three blocks, smack in the middle of London, the trocadero. My worst concern was, that my passport is in the building, and my flight is in two days.. Well, a cold beer while waiting to get back to work, soothed my nerves. The actual fear actually hit later, on the way home, when you had time to think exactly what could you have done in such a crisis, in a strange environment. And I remember strongly, how anxious I was to get back home in Helsinki, to see my friends again. That was actually a bit of a surprise also, how much you can miss some people or places sometimes. Well, now I'm older and my heart's been broken so many times, I don't get those feelings anymore. Life is...