London



Probably on the same trip in 2002 we ended up with some friends to this Cru -restaurant in Hoxton(?) We had had dinner in Rivington grill, where another friend of ours worked as the chef. The grill was a nice local place, I had fish & chips, 'cause I realized I hadn't had any and this was our last night. I got the portion, everything was good, but I then realized I had paid for fish & chips 12 pounds, which was like 120 marks at that time (20€). Now it doesn't sound bad at all, but at the time it was a big money for a 5 pound portion.

Afterwards we ended in Cru, which was a really laid back and cool wine bar & restaurant. It was smackfull, everyone was standing and swirling with the masses like the tempranillo in their glasses. I have to say I don't have a glue what happened afterwards...probably took a cab home after my favorite nightsnack, hot samosa.