Berlin 2010



My friend dj Borzin from Helsinki was playing here for a night of Balkan Fever together with Shantel, and there was a band called the Rotfront, which I sadly missed because of the huge queues outside. Later I received their cd as a gift from another friend, and they are actually really good. Balkan music really makes you want to dance, or if you can't dance, jump around, AND drink more! Great party music..
Lido is situated somewhere in the old Eastern part of Berlin, and when we arrived by the door, it was madness. Probably 200 people waiting to get in, while it was already full, most of the public really drunk, or high. I was supposed to have my name on the door to ensure a smooth entry, but we were too late for that, I tried to discuss with the bouncer, but he was already so stressed out of the situation, there was no way we could talk us in. Just when I was done with him, and he was closing the door, someone threw a half full beer bottle to the door, where it exploded.. Not nice, and by then the door guys were ready to kill the person if they got their hands on him. They didn't.
When we got in later, my friend recommended not to leave my jacket to the garderobe, while the staff might be even more spaced out than the customers. As I observed, they really didn't have a clue how to run the garderobe. We ended up playing fussball and drinking beer in the more quiet tent in the backyard, it was fun, though there was one rastafari, with reaction time of 15 seconds, who really wanted to help us play. I believe I was pretty hammered at 5 as well.
We took a taxi to Curry36, since I had read it is open 24hrs. When we arrived, 5.15, we were informed that they are closed for one hour to clean up, and then they will re-open. Just our luck.. So we grapped a kebab from a kiosk nearby(Not Mustafas gemusekebab, which was also closed) and started to plan of going to sleep.