London



cirka 2007

To be honest, I have no idea which place this could be from, but I can take the opportunity to reminish the brazilian girl I met in London in -99. I was working as a waiter in PH and I got these two beautiful brazilian girls at my section as guests. I believe I flirted with them, and they flirted with me, the evening went on, they asked me for some tips where to go out afterwards. I guided them and as I was retrieving the check for them I was trying to figure out a way to invite myself to join them when I finish work. Well, sometimes life is like the movies, when I got to their table, they asked me bluntly to join them when I finish.. Hell yes!

So I had a date with them at the old Hippodrome by Leicester square after midnight. When I arrived there was already a group of guys surrounding the chicas like guys do. I approached them after I had myself a beer, and as soon as they saw me, one of the girls ran to me, hugged tightly and gave a big kiss:) Talk about a warm welcome. So there we were for a while, having fun etc. The other girl retired to their hotel, but I continued the night in London together with the one, whose name I cant remember anymore, it started with an A.

We strolled a bit, had some tea and started to discuss the imminent future, where could we spend the night together... Now, I was living in Finnsbury Park with 3 girls, and my bed was too small for us two. They were leaving back home the following day, and their hotel room was apparently so tiny, that it wasn't an option. So there I was, trying to find a solution, but I gave up around 5.25 in the morning. We kissed goodbye and she gave me her phone number (no e-mail, definitely no FB in -99)and we have never heard of each other since.
Later, when I was driving the night bus back home, I remembered we would have had a double mattress which I could have placed in the living room for us to sleep together, problem solved. AND, of course years later I have realized I could have booked a room for us, strangely enough that didn't exist in young Harry's Playbook. King for a day, fool for a lifetime...